Thursday, January 7, 2010

The journey begins.

Hello. I am new to the world of blogging so bear with me. I'm not new to the world of scrapbooking, but I am very far behind the times. I decided this year would be the year I get involved and make scrapbooking more than just an excuse to buy pretty paper. This year I will actually use that paper to make beautiful albums documenting the memories of my family. Then maybe my husband won't mind when I come home from the craft store with bags of supplies that I pile in my little crafting nook because I will have finished products that can be admired.

To help me get motivated, I purchased a Cricut Create Machine. If you don't know what a Cricut is, don't worry I didn't know about two weeks ago either. After I purchased this gadget, but before it arrived I did some research. The Cricut is a die cutting machine. In order to use it you buy Cricut cartridges that are loaded with images, fonts, etc. You choose what image you want, and it cuts it out on paper you have loaded into the machine. That is a very simplified explanation. It will do much more than just cut paper, and there are software programs that will allow you to cut images without purchasing cartridges, but I'm brand new and don't know enough about these things to explain them...yet.

This brings me to the purpose of this blog. While I was researching the Cricut, I realized that I knew nothing about high-tech scrapbooking. Sure I could buy paper kits and embelishments and find a way to put them together with my pictures to make an aesthetically pleasing page for an album, but I had no idea what some people were able to do with a little paper, some glitter, and glue when they also had some new gadgets I had never heard of including the Cricut.

So, my goal is to help those of us that maybe didn't jump on the high-tech wagon right away and can't keep up with what everyone is talking about. There are a lot of scrapbooking blogs and forums on the internet. All with great information if you already know what they are talking about. I hope to be your guide if you'll have me. I will try to post at least twice a week. With a one year old in the house, I don't know if that will be on the same two days each week because I have learned that Molly (that's my daughter) doesn't quite understand the concept of a schedule. The best way to stay updated with new posts is to follow me. There is a link to the right of this page that says follow me just click it and then you should be notified when I post something new. Each post should hopefully cover a new topic unless that topic is intensive and requires more posts. I will begin with the Cricut Create and all of the things I learn about it. My Cricut was delivered yesterday, so I am learning right along with you. I am off to play with my new gadget a bit and then will post what I have learned. Hope to see you again!

No comments:

Post a Comment